Let’s face it, there are many different materials and profiles for you to choose from when it comes to windows, but you have to select the right product for the right application. Aluminum has been a constantly evolving staple in the construction industry and here are some of its advantages:
Strength and Durability
- Aluminum is one of the strongest construction materials available. This inherent strength means your window will maintain its integrity during adverse heavy wind loads allowing the weather stripping to perform as it should. Frame strength is vitally important! Consequently, the overall cost to the homeowner as well as the environment is reduced because it will outlast windows made of other materials.
- Aluminum is no maintenance because it’s resistant to temperature, humidity, rust, and warping. It has a a low coefficient of expansion, so joints remain intact in cold weather.
- Accepts colour extremely well, including black, without adversely affecting the composition of the material.
- Aluminum building products are made from alloys that are weather-proof, corrosion-resistant and immune to the harmful effects of UV rays, ensuring optimal performance over a very long lifetime.
- Vinyl exposed to sun, after a couple of years starts to change shape and colour; repeated heat and cold changes structural strength.
- Aaron Windows is proud to have always been concerned about environmental responsibility, using aluminum only with paint systems that are regenerative thermal oxidizers which destroy 99% of VOC emissions.
Health and Safety:
- Unlike vinly, almunium does not release carcinogenic dioxins and does not off gas.
- Non-combustible – does not emit any toxic fumes when exposed to high temperatures!
- 99% of architectural aluminum is recycled.
- Approximately 75% of all aluminum ever produced is still in productive use, having been through countless loops of its lifecycle.
- Recycling saves enough energy to power 1.4 million homes, helps to reduce air pollution and reduces water pollutants by 27,047 tons.
- Renews rather than depletes the planet’s resources.